ant-user mailing list archives

From Les Hughes <leslie.hug...@rubus.com>
Subject RE: Ant with Perforce
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2001 11:29:55 GMT
Hey Diane, Didn't know you're a Perforce guru :-)

The ant tasks simply wrap p4 functionality. If you can p4 sync
//depot/myproject/main/src/... or whatever on the cmd line then you can just
copy that view into the <p4sync view="//depot/myproject/main/src/..."> task.

Your clientspec could then have a mapping something like

//depot/myproject/... /home/me/myproject/...

and your src dir would end up in /home/me/myproject/main/src/...

One cool thing (usage pattern?) about p4 is that you can map out a
per-platform props file into the same physical location using a different
clientspec for each machine/environment. That way your build script needs
only to have a <properties file="build.props"/> (and even a <filters
filtersfile="filters.properties"/>) which automagically changes to reflect
specific settings for that particular machine (it's easier to do it than to
explain it :-)

Bye,

Les