ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Donie <sdo...@zycor.lgc.com>
Subject RE: InstallAnywhere?
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2001 17:00:08 GMT
I have started using InstallAnywhere enterprise (just the evaluation version
so far). I have some issues with it so far - I haven't been able to figure
out (in the day or so that I've used it) how to get it to use relative
pathnames (I hate to hard code paths!). But otherwise, it seems to be
working fine. Here is a snippet of my build.xml that does the work:

I also currently have the path to the InstallAnywhere classes/jars/zips
hardcoded, which I also don't like. Works for now.

  <!-- ===================================================================
-->
  <!-- Create Setup program
-->
  <!-- ===================================================================
-->
  <target name="setup" depends="jars" description="creates setup programs">
    <!-- run install anywhere -->
    <echo message="Running InstallAnywhere to create client setup" />
    <!-- This should be failonerror, but need to fix build machine first
(doesn't currently have JRE to add to setups that need a VM)-->
    <java classname="InstallAnywhere" fork="yes">
     <arg line="-b ${DS_HOME}/${tools}/install/tahoe.iap"/>
     <classpath>
        <pathelement location="C:\Program Files\InstallAnywhere 3.5
Enterprise\IAClasses.zip" />
        <pathelement location="C:\Program Files\InstallAnywhere 3.5
Enterprise\resource" />
        <pathelement location="C:\Program Files\InstallAnywhere 3.5
Enterprise\resource\swingall.jar" />
        <pathelement location="C:\Program Files\InstallAnywhere 3.5
Enterprise\resource\compiler.zip" />
        <pathelement location="C:\Program Files\InstallAnywhere 3.5
Enterprise\resource\support3.zip" />
     </classpath>
    </java>
  </target>