ant-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Porter <j...@metadyne.uk.com>
Subject JavaC problem - inner class not being loaded.
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2001 08:19:24 GMT
Heres the problem....

I compile my 'API' in task One.

I compile my 'test suites' in task Two.

Task two complains that it cannot find an inner class of one of the
files
complied in task one.
I've check that it is there between the two tasks, and it is. (preformed
javap on the inner & outer class)

If I run the script a second time, it works fine. (keeping the classes
built
from the first run)
I've tried all the compliers (Jikes, Modern, Classic).
Both test output classes to different directory, both these are on the
classpath.
If I set the script to complie all the classes except the class that
gives me
problems, then
have another task to complie that last file, it still fails.

Summary......

I've looked through the log produced by Ant, and it seems that it does
not
load my inner class.
It loads other inner classes from jars & from disk.
It is a private inner class, but I can't see why that is a problem.

Someone please help.

Jeff.

--
.........if in doubt, get a hammock