ant-user mailing list archives

From Bevan Arps <bevan.a...@actfs.co.nz>
Subject Re: Difficulty calling a batch file on windows with <exec>- requires use of '.bat' extension
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2001 23:12:37 GMT
Deepak Balakrishna wrote:

> I am uable to call a Windows batch script (say
> test.bat) from ANT by leaving out the '.bat' extension

The ability to leave out .exe or .com actually originates with the
Windows API call "CreateProcess".

I don't believe that Ant does anything except pass through the
executable attribute straight through the JavaAPI to Windows.

How about calling the script iasdeploy.bat on all systems (Solaris
included)? <grin>

Otherwise, I don't have any suggestions.

Cheers,
Bevan.

Bevan Arps, OO Analyst                    email: bevan.arps@actfs.co.nz
ACT Financial Systems     "Programming is an Art Form that Fights Back"
This  communication  is confidential  to ACT  Financial  Systems  (Asia
Pacific)  and is intended for  use only by the  addressee.   The  views
and opinions  expressed in  this email  are the senders  own and do not
Pacific).