ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bill Burton" <bi...@progress.com>
Subject Re: Installing ant
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2001 13:45:26 GMT
Hello,

In all the conversation with the problems using tar, the thought occurred
to me, "What about cpio?"

You can unpack the .tar.gz Linux (which uses GNU tar) with:
    tar -zxvf jakarta-ant-1.3-bin.tar.gz
Then create a compressed cpio archive:
    find jakarta-ant-1.3 |cpio -ocv |gzip -v >jakarta-ant-1.3-bin.cpio.gz
Copy the archive to your Solaris or other machine lacking GNU tar and
unpack it with:
    gzcat jakarta-ant-1.3-bin.cpio.gz |cpio -icmdv
Or, if you have remote shell access to the Solaris machine, run it in a
pipe:
    find jakarta-ant-1.3 |cpio -ocv |
        rsh solaris-box "cd /dir-to-install; cpio -icmd"

-Bill