ant-user mailing list archives

From David J Iannucci <...@myriad.com>
Subject Re: including other build files
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2001 00:07:11 GMT
I found a thread on this topic in the archives, and tried to
find a way to reply so that the present message would be linked
into the same thread, but it doesn't seem possible :-)

I wanted to find out how to include one ant file into another
one, and I found the answer there, as well as in the FAQ.  The
gist of it is that you insert the following "raw" XML at the
top of your ant file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE project [
    <!ENTITY common SYSTEM "file:./common.xml">
]>

and then reference the entity &common; where you want your
inserted code to appear. The thing is, I can't figure out how
to specify the filename path any way other than using a hard-
coded absolute or relative path here.  I tried to put in an
ant property variable, but of course XML doesn't recognize it.

Is there any way to put a variable into that filename path?
If not, well... the whole feature doesn't seem very useful.
I understand that this is a kind of "kludge", of course, but
are there any plans to incorporate an inclusion feature in ant
proper?

Dave Iannucci
Myriad Genetics, Inc.
Salt Lake City, Utah