ant-user mailing list archives

From Julian gosnell <Julian.Gosn...@ubsw.com>
Subject Re: un(jar/war/zip) & filesets...
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2001 11:06:49 GMT

Stefan,

I have played a little bit with zipfileset and found the mention of it
in the 1.3 documentation. Unfortunately it's not going to do what I
want.

I want to define my classpath ONCE, either at the top of my build.xml,
or in a separate CLASSPATH file.

Many of the targets in my build.xml file use this classpath.

I cannot find any way of applying the same task to every item in a
Path/FileSet within Ant (maybe I have missed something) - hence my
suggestion on this list for <map/> and <lambda/>.

Assuming I have my CLASSPATH fileset formed thus :

     <fileset dir="${pkg.dir}" includesfile="${cfg.dir}/CLASSPATH.inc">
     </fileset>

I want to be able to :

copy these jars into a dist/lib directory - no problem Copy understands
filesets
extract the contents of each and rezip up into a mega-jar - still trying

use these jars as my classpath - I think I had this working a while ago
!

The doc gives an example of zipfileset use like this :

    <zipfileset src="examples.zip" includes="**/*.html"
prefix="docs/examples"/>

It is treating one zipfile as a fileset - fair enough but I need to use
an existing fileset as my 'src'. If this is possible, no clue is given
as to how it might be accomplished.

I have had a look at the source for zipfileset and am none the wiser.

Is no-one else experiencing similar problems ?

I have been bitten too many times by defining LD_LIBRARY_PATH or
CLASSPATH in more than one place and not keeping every copy in sync.

Is there any other way I can solve this problem ?

Jules

related financial instruments.