ant-user mailing list archives

From Martin Monsorno <monso...@exolution.de>
Subject Re: Installing ant
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2001 10:09:11 GMT
Conor MacNeill wrote:

> > Are there any particular reasons for gnu-tar extensions?
> >
> > I'm using ant on a solaris workstation with no gnu tar
> > installed, so I download the ant package, unpack it on a
> > Linux box, pack it again, move it to the sun where I
> > can install it now.
>
> How do you pack it up again on the Linux box?

Well, good question, after a little testing I finally found
out, how I really did it (:-) sorry):

I uncompress the tar.gz file on the Linux machine and copy it
to the Sun. There I unpack it with Solaris's tar, get a
"directory checksum error" message and ignore it.
Then I just use ant. Somehow it works, maybe some tasks I do
not use are broken, I do not know.

A jar-package may work correctly, I will test this, if I will
get problems with my solaris installation.

--
Martin Monsorno
mailto:Martin.Monsorno@exolution.de