ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bill Burton" <bi...@progress.com>
Subject Re: InstallAnywhere?
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2001 18:01:33 GMT
Hi Steve,

Steve Donie wrote:

> I have started using InstallAnywhere enterprise (just the evaluation version
> so far). I have some issues with it so far - I haven't been able to figure
> out (in the day or so that I've used it) how to get it to use relative
> pathnames (I hate to hard code paths!). But otherwise, it seems to be
> working fine. Here is a snippet of my build.xml that does the work:

Regrettably, InstallAnywhere 3.5 doesn't support relative paths.  When you
save a project in the IDE, it creates a file with the same name but with
the suffix "Backup.iap."  In your case, that would be "tahoeBackup.iap."
This is a Java source file version of the project.  You could then replace
whatever values you need and then use this modified project file for the
build.  Better yet, you could write an Ant task to do this on the fly :) .

> I also currently have the path to the InstallAnywhere classes/jars/zips
> hardcoded, which I also don't like. Works for now.

For this, just specify a property like:
  <property name="ia.home" value="C:\Program Files\InstallAnywhere 3.5
Enterprise" />

then use ${ia.home} everywhere it's required.

-Bill