ant-user mailing list archives

From David J Iannucci <...@myriad.com>
Subject Re: Finding file types in <fileset>
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2001 17:19:35 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> > The <fileset> task allows you to choose a set of files
> > based on file names, but how about on file _types_?
>
> This is not possible for a fileset, at least not now. The <execon>
> task and its relatives <apply> and <chmod> support a type attribute
> to filter based on file type.

So..... if I want to write my buildfile so that it finds anything
in a subdirectory under it and builds those, recursively, without
hard-wiring the names, would you recommend something like the
following?

   <apply executable="ant" ..... type="dir">
      <fileset dir="." includes="*" />
   </apply>

Or am I missing something fundamental about Ant?  Is there a
more natural way to do this sort of thing?  I know I haven't
completely wrapped my head around all this yet, but your advice
(anyone's :-) is much appreciated.

Dave Iannucci
dji@myriad.com