ant-user mailing list archives

From Dave <dwal...@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject Re: Help with JUNit task
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2001 16:34:04 GMT
OK. I figured this out myself, but I'll post the solution for posterity.

If you get "Could not create task of type: junit. Common
solutions are to use taskdef to declare your task, or, if this is an
optional task, to put the optional.jar in the lib directory of your ant
installation (ANT_HOME).", you might need the

jakarta-ant-1.3-optional.jar, which is available at
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/ant/release/v1.3/bin/
. You might miss it if you download the rpms.

Next, pop open /usr/bin/ant, and add jakarta-ant-1.3-optional.jar and
junit.jar to the LOCALCLASSPATH

The optional.jar from the rpm does not have the classes you need in it.

Hope that saves someone else some work in the future.

Dave