ant-user mailing list archives

From Glenn McAllister <gl...@somanetworks.com>
Subject Re: Problems running on AIX
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2001 14:39:15 GMT
Chris Stillwell wrote:

> The interesting thing is that I'm not trying to run the vajexport task.
> If I remove the jakarta-ant-1.3-optional.jar, then everything works fine.

Hmm... that sounds very odd.

> Here is the test build.xml I'm running:
>
> <project name="Test" default="help" basedir=".">
>
>   <!-- set global properties for this build -->
>
>   <property name="src"  value="${basedir}/src" />
>   <property name="lib" value="${basedir}/lib" />
>   <property name="dest" value="${basedir}/classes" />
>
>   <!--
> =================================================================== -->
>   <!-- Help - Default
>       -->
>   <!--
> =================================================================== -->
>   <target name="help">
>      <echo>
>       This is a Test build file for Ant.
>       Usage: ant "target-name"
>      </echo>
>   </target>
>
>   <target name="prepare">
>     <!-- Create the time stamp -->
>     <tstamp/>
>     <!-- Create the build directory structure used by compile -->
>     <!-- mkdir dir="${build}" /-->
>   </target>
> </project>

I got the 1.3 dist and the optional jar.  I tried your build file but didn't
encounter the error.  I even added a reference to the vajexport task, and the
error I got was the standard "unable to load" bit.  The caveat to that is I'm
running Linux, not AIX.

Can anyone else running AIX (presumably 4.x.x or later) verify this bug.  I
haven't had access to an AIX box for some time now.

Glenn