ant-user mailing list archives

From Weiqi Gao <weiqi...@networkusa.net>
Subject Re: Spaces in classpath
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2001 12:35:11 GMT
Stephen New wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Excuse me if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't see it on
> the FAQ page.
>
> My execution of the "java" built-in task fails because my the file paths in
> the classpath have spaces in them. (Running on Windows NT). Basically I want
> to simulate putting double-quotes around the classpath, like:
>
> java -cp "f:\Filepath With Spaces" com.mycompany.MyClass
>
> How do I do this? Or do I have to remove the spaces from my filepath?

I'd say remove the spaces from your classpath for now if you don't have
the time to track down the problem.

If you know where the problem is, you can simply correct it in your own
copy of Ant.

If you want the official distribution to behave correctly too, send in a
patch, or post how the fix is done and let someone else generate the
patch.

--
Weiqi Gao
weiqigao@networkusa.net