ant-user mailing list archives

From Glenn McAllister <gl...@somanetworks.com>
Subject Re: Problems running on AIX
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2001 22:08:01 GMT
Chris Stillwell wrote:

> I get the following exception running ant when the
> jakarta-ant-1.3-optional.jar is in the
> $ANT_HOME/lib directory.  Any ideas?
>
> Buildfile: build.xml
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
> org/apache/tools/ant/t
> askdefs/optional/ide/VAJExport, method: getWorkspaceScanner signature:
> ()Lorg/ap
> ache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/ide/VAJWorkspaceScanner;) Incompatible
> object a
> rgument for function call
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.init(Project.java:163)
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:387)
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.main(Main.java:149)
> nwvibm00-e1 : /home/databus $

Why are you trying to run the vajexport task from outside VAJ?  It depends
on the workspace classes that are (effectively) only available from within
the IDE.  You can't use this task from a command line build file.  The
easiest way to use it is to load everything into your repository, then use
Wolf's et. al.'s build launcher.

See http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/manual/Integration/VAJAntTool.html for
details.

Glenn