ant-user mailing list archives

From Glenn McAllister <gl...@somanetworks.com>
Subject Re: javadoc not creating -package parameter
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 23:47:59 GMT
Larry Yates wrote:

> NOTE THE -package PARAMETER IS BLANK!

That has nothing to do with your packages.  It simply indicates that you want to
doc package level classes and methods in addition to the public, protected, and
private.

> Here is one incarnation (try #3) of the build.xml file:
>
> <project name="My Project" default="test" basedir=".">
>    <property name="app.name" value="version6"/>
>    <property name="deploy.home"
> value="/test/applications/demo/${app.name}"/>
>    <property name="packages"
> value="com.ltvcopperweld.,com.ltvcopperweld.structural.,com.trcinc."/>
>
> <target name="test">
>   <javadoc sourcepath="${deploy.home}"
>            destdir="${deploy.home}/javadoc"
>            packagenames="com.ltvcopperweld.structural.*"
>            author="true"
>            version="true"
>            package="true"
>            private="true"
>   />
> </target>
> </project>
>
> What's up?

Does your deploy.home directory have source files in it?  Usually a deployment
directory has .class files, not source.  If it does have source, the assumption
is that under that directory, you have a source tree that looks like at minimum
(in your case)

${deploy.home}/com/ltvcopperweld/structural/*.java

Any subdirectories with *.java files are presumed to be packages that need to be
documented.

Does this correctly describe your setup?

Glenn