ant-user mailing list archives

From Rich Harris <r...@soggymonkey.com>
Subject Compiling multiple source files....
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 19:05:37 GMT
Folks,
    I'm trying to figure out how to simultaneously build two files that
cannot exist without the other that are located in two different
directories. How can I do it in ANT?

Here is my code. Assume that file1.java and file2.java cannot be
compiled unless the other exists.

I've tried two ways:
===============================
First attempt:
<exec dir="${SRCDIR}/Directory1" command="${JAVA_HOME}\\bin\\javac
-deprecation "${SRCDIR}\\Directory1\\file1.java"
"${SRCDIR}\\Directory2\\file2.java"" />
===============================
Second attempt
<javac classpath="${CLASSPATH}"
              srcdir="${SRCDIR}/Directory1"
              destdir="${BUILDDIR}"
              filtering="on"
              deprecation="on"
              includes="${SRCDIR}\\Directory2\\file2.java"
              excludes=""
              />
    </target>

Not sure what to do here. I'm stuck in a situation with someone else's
code and there are lots of circular dependencies. HELP ME!

Thanks for your time,
Rich