ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Solaris 7 Checksum error on untarring Binary release
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 12:42:01 GMT
At 11:58  6/3/01 -0500, Dave Martin wrote:
>My guess is that Solaris 7's version of tar is averse the the long
>(> 80 character) file name?

100 chars is the POSIX limit. There is various ways to get around this
limit - we tar up using GNU tar because it is the most standard. Download
GNU tar and you should be able to access the contents. If someone where to
implement the SUN Tar packing version to go above 100 chars then we could
release multiple versions of tgz files.

Cheers,

Pete