ant-user mailing list archives

From Eric Siegerman <er...@telepres.com>
Subject Re: Javac task not generating class files
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2001 20:08:09 GMT
On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 04:29:21PM +0100, Ingmar Stein wrote:
> If that doesn't work, I'm going to write a new taskdef that start a new
> compiler instance for each java file.

You can't always get away with this.  If two classes depend on
each other, you can't compile either one first; they both have to
be compiled together.

You might be interested in javadeps, a Java dependency
figure-out-er.  It can generate Makefile fragments; presumably it
could be hacked to generate build.xml fragments instead.  I don't
recall where it comes from; you'll have to do a search (also
search for "jdeps", as it sometimes goes by that abbreviated
name).

--

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics@telepres.com
|  |  /