ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: terminology
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2001 18:42:07 GMT
--- wout.de.zeeuw@philips.com wrote:
> I have taken a quick look at the ant docs, and I would like to make some
> comments about the terminology used.

Glenn and Stefan have already pretty much covered what I would've said,
but I thought I'd add a couple of corrections...

> A target should really be a noun, not a verb.
> ("Clean" isn't a really good target either, it's a pronoun,

"Target" can be either a noun or a verb. "Clean" can be an adjective, an
adverb, or a verb, but not a pronoun.

Okay, enough for the English lesson... :)  Unless someone gets to it
before I do, once I get my new computer set up (and I get back to
connecting through my DSL), I'll revisit the part of the doc that covers
targets and try to add a bit more in the way of explaining the concept as
it pertains to Ant. (Actually, Glenn's and Stefan's responses were clear
enough that they could probably just be incorporated into the doc.)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)