ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Ant with Perforce
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2001 16:12:54 GMT
--- Ringo De Smet <ringods@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Diane,
>
> > With Perforce, you do things based on a client workspace. If
> > you want to write me directly, I can give you some general
> > ideas, but ultimately, how you end up dealing with things
> > will depend on your particular setup.
>
> Please don't communicate on such matters in private emails, as
> the useful information doesn't end up in the mailing list
> archives. Other Perforce users can benefit from this
> information, now or in the future, if you use the mailing list.

Sorry -- I wasn't trying to be exclusive, I just didn't think it'd be
generally useful to the list. It seemed to me the poster was asking more
about Perforce than about Ant, since he was asking how to get files from
the depot into the "current directory", which has to do with
understanding, first, how Perforce works, not with how the <p4> tasks
provided with Ant work.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)