ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Ant call doesn't use same environment space.
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2001 18:15:57 GMT
--- John.D.Casey@mail.sprint.com wrote:
> In the project I'm currently working on, it would be useful to be able
> to have several build.xml's reference a single build.xml thru the Ant
> task in order to set up the build environment, and check for necessary
> files, etc. However, when I create a scenario like this, I find that
> the environment changes accomplished in the sub-call aren't propagated
> to the environment at large. Is it possible to set a flag to save these
> changes? If not, would it be feasible to change the Ant taskdef to do
> this?  I think I know how to do so, and don't mind volunteering my time
> to get this functionality.

Hi John,

Can you say more about what's getting set in the sub files that you'd want
propagated throughout the build?  You -can- propagate property values
using the <ant> task, but I'd need to know more about what you're actually
wanting to do before I could offer up specific advice.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)