ant-user mailing list archives

From lcomm...@att.net
Subject success packaging ejbs
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2001 21:46:41 GMT
Disclaimer: I'm new to Ant, so this may all be obvious to
most of you, but for those of you who haven't done it
yet...
I am now able to compile my ejb classes, package them in
the jar, put the jar in the ear, and deploy the ear to
the server with Ant.
Thanks every one for the help, particularly lynch who
suggested:
>  Check OrionPrimer at http://www.jollem.com/

which has a very complete (afaik) working build.xml
which I borrowed heavily from to compile and jar up all
the app.

The other thing I wanted to do was deploy the ear file to
the J2EE server.
I did this in ant with a <exec .../> tag:
 <exec executable="deploytool">
    <arg value="-deploy" />
    <arg value="${build}/${name}.ear" />
    <arg value="localhost" />
 </exec>

If any one has suggestions for improving this, let me
know!!

Thanks