ant-user mailing list archives

From Jason Pringle <Jas...@captura.com>
Subject RE: ANT 1.3 - JavaC - Exclude not working.
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2001 15:43:25 GMT
Does your classpath for the second compile include the output directory from
the first compile?  If not, the compiler will not find a .class file for any
of your API dependencies (including the inner class one) and will recompile
it all.

Also, in your log you posted there's a space in the class name in the error
- is this a cut-n-paste error or does your code really have a space in the
class name?

--jason

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Porter [mailto:jeff@metadyne.uk.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2001 6:40 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: ANT 1.3 - JavaC - Exclude not working.

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion.

The issue of the exclude has been resolved, that was down to a dependency I
didn't see.

The current problem is as you described. When I say 'loaded' I mean that I
do
not see the line..

 [Javac] [loaded
/home/alan/daily_build/production/classes/src/metanix/connection/ConnectionB
eanFactory$ConnectionBeanFactoryImpl.class
in 2 ms]

I have attached a cut down version of the log.xml file produced by ant. (the
original was 4000 lines)

The first task (compileAPI) runs fine & write out both class and inner
class.

The second task (compileTESTS) loaded other inner classes, but not this one
(ConnectionBeanFactoryImpl).
The line that fails, getInstance() is ment to return this inner class.

All this code compiles fine in JBuilder4.0, just in ANT I have trouble.

Thanks
JP.

--
.........if in doubt, get a hammock