ant-user mailing list archives

From "Chaganthi, Madhusudan R." <m...@cdc.gov>
Subject RE: Always slow on ClearCase dynamic views?
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2001 21:46:26 GMT
Use JIKES and keep us posted.
(;-)

I havent used ClearCase, so I cant help you in that area.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ventimiglia, David [mailto:David.Ventimiglia@msdw.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2001 3:24 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Always slow on ClearCase dynamic views?

Hi,

Running a full build of 2000+ java files & 90+ EJBs takes ~40 min. using
jdk1.2.2 javac on a ClearCase snapshot view, but about 3 1/2 hours on a
ClearCase dynamic view.  Most of the extra time is spent building the lists
of files to compile, ejbjar, and copy.  I suspect it's due the
DirectoryScanner and the high latency of ClearCase dynamic views.  Has
anyone else noticed this problem?  Is there a way around it?

Not a huge deal, since I prefer snapshot views anyway, but I was just
wondering.  Thanks!

Cheers,
David