ant-user mailing list archives

From "Andrews, Martin" <Martin.Andr...@vodafone.com.au>
Subject RE: JUnitReport classpath problem
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2001 23:51:08 GMT
> When I use the <junitreport> task, I get a 'NoClassDefFoundError'
exception
> thrown because it can't find org/xml/sax/ext/LexicalHandler.  I noticed
that
> this class is in the Xerces XML parser, but the Ant manual doesn't mention
> the need for Xerces, only for Xalan.  When I add xerces1_2_1.jar to my
> CLASSPATH environment variable, I get this error:
>
> XSL Error: Cannot use a DTMLiaison for a input DOM node... pass a
> org.apache.xalan.xpath.xdom.XercesLiaison instead
>
> Some messages in this list's archive indicated incompatibilities between
the
> Xerces parser and the parser that ships with Ant.  At least one message
> recommended removing or renaming parser.jar and jaxp.jar, but without
those
> Ant itself won't work.  How is this supposed to be resolved?

xalan.jar and xerces.jar have all of the classes required for Ant to work in

them.  To get junitreport to work, I normally remove jaxp.jar and parser.jar

from the <ANT_HOME>/lib directory, and then put xalan.jar and xerces.jar
into
the lib directory.

This correspondence is for the named person's use only.  It may
contain confidential or legally privileged information or both.
No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any
mistransmission.  If you receive this correspondence in error, please
immediately delete it from your system and notify the sender.  You
must not disclose, copy or rely on any part of this correspondence
if you are not the intended recipient.

except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to
be the views of Vodafone.