ant-user mailing list archives

From David Rees <d.ree...@usa.net>
Subject Re: changing directories
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2001 19:54:29 GMT
On 19 Mar 2001 13:01:08 +0100, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>Will Holcomb <will@odin.himinbi.org> wrote:
>
>> The problem I am having is that ant doesn't actually change
>> directories when you call another buildfile using an <ant>
>> directive. Right?
>
>This is, because you cannot do that in Java at all - without forking
>that is. You could invoke Ant with <java>, setting fork to true and
>dir to the value you need.

There are two directories here. The build directory and the working
directory. The former could change the later can't and in fact is
sometimes impossible to set when calling from IDEs (VisualAge,
JBuilder).

All Ant tasks _should_ be relative to the build directory, right?
Actually, can we add this as an explicit requirement for Ant2?