ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <>
Subject Re: help with ant
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2001 15:35:01 GMT

Could you try putting Ant in C:\Ant or C:\Software\java\ant to test whether
this is related to the long filename ?
Win98 has problems with for statements in .bat files and long filenames
which may be causing this problem. I don't have a Win98 system handy now to
verify that is the cause.

If it is the cause, could you please raise a documentation bug so that we
include some warnings about this.

----- Original Message -----
From: "trent_john.rosenbaum" <>
To: <>
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2001 2:25 AM
Subject: help with ant

This is my first time using the list so I hope this is the right address.

I am trying to setup ant on my system at home, I have followed the
instructions from

Ant version (jakarta-ant-1.3)
Installed at - C:\Software\java\jakarta-ant-1.3

rem - By Windows Setup - MSCDEX.EXE /D:OEMCD000 /V /L:D
set ANT_HOME=C:\Software\java\jakarta-ant-1.3
set JAVA_HOME=C:\Software\java\jdk1.3
set PATH=%PATH%;%ANT_HOME%\bin

build file in right place

error message returned
C:\My Documents\JDBC Example>ant

Any ideas to help sort this problem out would be cool

View raw message