ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ingmar Stein" <st...@xtramind.com>
Subject Re: Javac task not generating class files
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2001 15:29:21 GMT
> > the javac task does not create any class files if it encounters
> > any error in the source code.
> > Can I instruct Ant to generate class files for all correct java
> > files and to skip erroneous ones?
>
> I guess it's Sun's JDK 1.3 behavior :-(. We found the same behavior when
> we tried to build our opensource product NetBeans.

Well, I'm going to try JDK 1.2...
If that doesn't work, I'm going to write a new taskdef that start a new
compiler instance for each java file. This is a huge waste of resources, but
it might solve the problem.

I mean, that behavior is a real blow. It makes Ant useless for my
(presumable
very common) purpose.

Ingmar