ant-user mailing list archives

From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.fr>
Subject Checking if properties have been set ?
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2001 09:25:30 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to know if there is feature in Ant 1.3+ that could be useful for
checking if required properties have been set prior to calling the build.xml
file ? Or if the build could fail with a message if a property is *not*
defined ?

It seems to me that using the <available> task to do this is way over too
complicated if you have more than 1 or 2 properties to check.

If this is not available in Ant 1.3+, could you make it a requirement for
Ant 2.0 ? This would be very useful because for the moment, the only way I
have found is using a batch file/shell script to do the testing prior to
calling ant, which I hate of course ! (I'd like not to use any bacth
file/shell script at all).

Thanks a lot.
Vincent.