ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: java task arguments
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2001 11:22:55 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "STEPHANIE BODOFF" <STEPHANIE.BODOFF@Sun.COM>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2001 11:30 PM
Subject: java task arguments

> I am having problems with the arg subelement of the java task. It seems
> to include the quotes surrounding the value in the argument passed to
> the java command and so the arguments aren't recognized. None of the
> other subelements pass the quotes. Am I missing something?

You should have been a little bit more specific about what your problem
really is.

If you use

<arg value="value1 value2"/>

you are doing something you shouldn't. A value is just a value, not multiple
values. To pass a value with spaces in it Ant *must* surround that value
with quotes. If you wish to pass multiple values the preferred solution is
to use

<arg value="value1"/>
<arg value="value2"/>

and the less preferred solution would be

<arg line="value1 value2"/>

where Ant shouldn't supply quotes.

Nico