ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Langley" <lang...@nwlink.com>
Subject Differences in the Ant1.3 optional.jar between RPM and binary distributions
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2001 22:11:08 GMT
I downloaded and installed Ant1.3 today, over my Ant1.2 install.

First question:

 Why does the optional.jar installed from the RPM file:

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-ant/release/v1.3/rpms/ant-1.3-1.noa
rch.rpm

differ from the file:

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-ant/release/v1.3/bin/jakarta-ant-1.
3-optional.jar

?

Specifically, the first file, dated 05-Mar-2001 02:52, installs an
optional.jar of 130,232 bytes.
And the second file, dated 14-Mar-2001 07:09, is 247,802 bytes long.

A diff shows that the second one adds several classes to the ../ejb/ and
../junit/ packages, as well as including new packages for ide, net,
perforce, and scm.

Second question:

 Why isn't the fact that these files optional.jar's differ mentioned
anywhere, or did I miss it?

Third question:

 Would I be correct in assuming that the newer and larger version is better?

Thanks.

Scott
--
Scott Langley