ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: javadocs
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2001 11:45:58 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dalia, Keith A - TOS-DITT1" <kadalia@bpa.gov>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2001 12:58 AM
Subject: javadocs

> I'm new to ant and was wondering how I could ant to build javadocs when I
do
> a build compile.

By using a javadoc-task inside your buildfile. See the manual for an
example. If you would like your javadoc to be regenerated each time you
compile you can
1) Include the javadoc-task inside your compile-target
or
2) write a javadoc-target and add a 'depends="myJavadocTarget"' to the
target-definition of your compile-target.

> Also, in the development dir structure where do I place .properties files.

You can place it anywhere. You must tell ant (inside your build.xml) where
the properties-file is located (if you are thinking of a properties-file
containing properties for ant).

I think you should get a little bit more concrete with your questions. In
general they should be answered by the manual. If you have a question
specific to your build.xml you should maybe include the relevant parts of it
in your mail.

Nico