ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: create a patch jar file
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2001 09:12:28 GMT
If your VCS supports it you could maybe do something like the following?

Once:
1.1 Build your project
1.2 Label (tag, you name it) your sources

After that:
2.1 Delete your src-tree
2.2 Get (checkout, you name it) alle the sources that changes after the label you gave at
1.2
2.3 Compile them (having the jar's created so far in the classpath)
2.4 Create a jar

I don't think that this solution will work for long. After two weeks you have 10 jar-files
for just one project. You must have them in the right order in your classpath to get everythink
working and there are maybe other problems...

Maybe you should tell us why you want to do that and we can think of another solution?

Nico

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: weili tian
  To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2001 8:10 PM
  Subject: create a patch jar file

  we want to create a base jar file every morning (all class files for project) and create
a patch jar file(class files which are only changes made or new files in the project ) whenever
the src changes or add the new files to the project. I search for the documentation and mailing
list. I did not find a way to make a patch file( I do not know how to take the new recent
class files out of the destination directory of javac task.). Is any one know how to do it?

  thanks!

  weili