ant-user mailing list archives

From Chris Stillwell <Chris.Stillw...@wcom.com>
Subject RE: NullPointerException
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2001 14:45:01 GMT
Below is the test build.xml I am using to verify installation of Ant.  I am
only seeing this problem on AIX.  I was able to "get around" this error by
setting the CLASSPATH in the ant script to include the rt.jar as such:
CLASSPATH=/usr/java_dev2/jre/lib/rt.jar
I get different errors after doing this. See the email "Problems running on
AIX" on this list for details. However, I would expect a
ClassNotFoundException and not a NullPointerException with a missing jar.
As I said I am only seeing these problems on AIX.  I have successfully
installed Ant on NT and Solaris and it is working fine there.  Unfortunately
our source and builds are all on an AIX box.  Currently we use a big hairy
makefile, but I would like to convert to Ant as it has some features we want
to take advantage of.

Chris

==== build.xml ====
<project name="Test" default="help" basedir=".">

  <!-- set global properties for this build -->

  <property name="src"  value="${basedir}/src" />
  <property name="lib" value="${basedir}/lib" />
  <property name="dest" value="${basedir}/classes" />

  <!-- ========================================================= -->
  <!-- Help - Default targe                                      -->
  <!-- ========================================================= -->
  <target name="help">
     <echo>
      This is a Test build file for Ant.
      Usage: ant "target-name"
     </echo>
  </target>

  <target name="prepare">
    <!-- Create the time stamp -->
    <tstamp/>
    <!-- Create the build directory structure used by compile -->
    <!-- mkdir dir="${build}" /-->
  </target>
</project>