ant-user mailing list archives

From "james" <ja...@unikala.com>
Subject RE: InstallAnywhere?
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2001 17:33:48 GMT

Thanks.

i now have something like this as well. i hope they switch to a text
based .iap file soon. i may have to begin looking for a more open
tool.

james@unikala.com

- -----Original Message-----
From: Steve Donie [mailto:sdonie@zycor.lgc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2001 9:00 AM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: InstallAnywhere?

I have started using InstallAnywhere enterprise (just the evaluation
version
so far). I have some issues with it so far - I haven't been able to
figure
out (in the day or so that I've used it) how to get it to use
relative
pathnames (I hate to hard code paths!). But otherwise, it seems to be
working fine. Here is a snippet of my build.xml that does the work:

I also currently have the path to the InstallAnywhere
classes/jars/zips
hardcoded, which I also don't like. Works for now.

  <!--
- -->
  <!-- Create Setup program
- -->
  <!--
- -->
  <target name="setup" depends="jars" description="creates setup
programs">
    <!-- run install anywhere -->
    <echo message="Running InstallAnywhere to create client setup" />
    <!-- This should be failonerror, but need to fix build machine
first
(doesn't currently have JRE to add to setups that need a VM)-->
    <java classname="InstallAnywhere" fork="yes">
     <arg line="-b ${DS_HOME}/${tools}/install/tahoe.iap"/>
     <classpath>
        <pathelement location="C:\Program Files\InstallAnywhere 3.5
Enterprise\IAClasses.zip" />
        <pathelement location="C:\Program Files\InstallAnywhere 3.5
Enterprise\resource" />
        <pathelement location="C:\Program Files\InstallAnywhere 3.5
Enterprise\resource\swingall.jar" />
        <pathelement location="C:\Program Files\InstallAnywhere 3.5
Enterprise\resource\compiler.zip" />
        <pathelement location="C:\Program Files\InstallAnywhere 3.5
Enterprise\resource\support3.zip" />
     </classpath>
    </java>
  </target>