Yes it is possible to make a hierarchial build system using ant.  There is a built in task called <ant> that allows you to specify an ant build script as well as the target within that script to run.
-----Original Message-----
From: Ori Burstein [mailto:oburstei@cisco.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 10:41 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Cc: Gadi Berman
Subject: Building a hirechial build system

Hi,
I would like to know if it's possible to build a hirerchial build system using ant, just like you do with makefiles.
For that I assume I need a way to include ant files in some way, or is there a different approach for doing that with ant ?
Also, is there a place where I can find ant templates ?
For example - for building Java beans, etc.

Thanks, Ori.