ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Logging to a file
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2001 07:37:46 GMT
Phillip Wells <Phillip.Wells@dresdnerkb.com> wrote:

> OK, so this is probably more of an ant-dev question, but wouldn't it
> be better if:
>
> 1. An abstract BuildLoggerImpl (implements BuildLogger) stores the
> reference to 'out' and 'err' (isn't it poor encapsulation for Main
> to hold these anyway?).

Yes.

> 2. Main passes in the name of the log file (if specified at the
> command line) to the logger in Main.createLogger() and it is
> BuildLoggerImpl that creates and sets the output stream from it.

Maybe.

We've already realized that the responsibilities are spread across
Main, Project, ProjectHelper and others are - err, let's say
suboptimal. Simeon has been identifying a lot of problems whenever
Antidote has gained a new feature. This is for sure going to be
addressed in Ant2 - for which we are currently collecting feature
requests.

Stefan