ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: exec task timeout kill doesn't work properly
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2001 08:16:08 GMT
Rudolf Balada <> wrote:

> I have a problem with exec task timeout. When the timeout comes to
> kill the process he started, it kills only the process he
> started. The kill doesn't affect child processes which should be
> also killed.

Hmm, Ant invokes java.lang.Process.destroy() for the process it has
started. It doesn't know anything about child processes it has
created, so it cannot do anything about it. Reading the javadocs I
cannot find a way for Ant to do something different.

This is either a limitation of Java, an VM implementation error (in
case Process.destroy was supposed to kill child processes as well) or
I am missing something, sorry. I tend to think either (1) or (3) is

View raw message