ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to: make jar only when .java compiled or manifest file is new
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2001 07:22:33 GMT
Wei Jiang <wei_jiang@acelet.com> wrote:

> When my java source files and manifest file, or deployment
> descriptor file are old, there is no need to re-jar my jar file. How
> to do this?  My current build file jars regardless dependency.

<jar> should only recreate the jar file if any file you specify to be
included is newer than the kar archive itself.

Please double check that you are not changing something. <copy> won't
preserve the timestamp of its source file for example, so if you copy
your files over from somewhere else, they will have a very recent
timestamp.

Stefan