ant-user mailing list archives

From "John Gerken" <John_Ger...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: zips created on Win2K have incorrect permissions when unzipped on Linux
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2001 15:26:18 GMT

Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Same holds true for me as well - when creating the ZIP file on Linux
> using IBM's JDK 1.3. Storing permissions is an extension of the
> original PKZIP format and as far as I can tell the java.util.zip
> classes don't really support this.

> Stefan

Thanks for your note, Stefan.  So what you are saying is that you believe
this is a shortcoming of the java.util.zip JDK code,
not Ant itself, correct?  At least I'm not the first person to see this.

Could I perhaps call an external zip program usiing <execon> with a nested
fileset?

If that won't work, what about writing a new directive and calling the
external zip program?  Are their public ant methods which allow for the
standard include and exclude attributes to be processed to build a file
list, or could I use fileset processing here somehow?

Thanks again for your help,
John Gerken
Web Services Toolkit Development
IBM Emerging Technologies Software Group
John_Gerken@us.ibm.com