ant-user mailing list archives

From EHu...@domainpharma.com
Subject Q: How to create a file during a build?
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2001 16:21:46 GMT
I am in the process of converting our make based build procedure to use
ANT. One of the tasks done during the build is to create a DOS batch file
that would deinstall our product from the WebLogic directory. I.E. we have
a DOS batch file that looks at all the files that would be installed into
the WebLogic directory and writes another DOS batch file to delete them.

My question is simply this. How should I do this equivalent operation in
Ant? Should I make use of the Ant scripting task? Should I write a special
task? I am looking for ideas.

At this point in time our target installation is NT only but Unix based
systems are always a possiblity. Thus I would like to avoid using DOS batch
files during the build process if possible, and to parameterize the task so
that the equivalent file could be easily generated for a UNIX system.

Thanks in advance.
Erik Husby
Domain Pharma Corp
Suite 110      Vox: 781-778-3834