ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bala Subramanian" <ba...@lucid.co.in>
Subject RE: [beginner] how to build a jar file with ant?
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2001 07:13:18 GMT
Hi cathal
   Let me have one more doubt ,I want to know the
   Where the app.jar is placed .After jar file is created ,
   where the jar file is exactly available .EXpecting reply from u

Regards
bala

-----Original Message-----
From: time [mailto:time]On Behalf Of Cathal Mc Ginley
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2001 2:38 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: [beginner] how to build a jar file with ant?

I think your build.xml file is rather invalid. You cannot explicitly
nest targets. What you probably want to try is something like:

<project name="myproject" default="compile" basedir=".">

<target name="compile">
   <javac srcdir="bean" destdir="classes"
      debug="on" optimize="off" deprecation="off" />
</target>

<target name="dist" depends="compile">
   <jar jarfile="app.jar" basedir="classes" />
</target>

</project>

Use dependencies to execute several tasks in a row, nesting seems
intuitive but it's *not* how ant works.

So the command "ant" or "ant compile" will compile your files, and the
command "ant dist" will run the compile task and jar your classes

good luck
	Cathal.