ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject RE: ejbjar in 1.3b2 and newCMP
Date Sun, 18 Feb 2001 06:47:24 GMT
Frank,

> My second question is regarding the newCMP flag in ejbjar task.
> Whenever I turn it on, it seems to try to look for
weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jar.xml
> file instead of the <beanName>-weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jar.xml. Should I be
> using only ONE rdbms config file for all my beans? or can I have one for
> each bean? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I have tried to address this in the updated ejbjar documentation. The
following is a section from that:

The weblogic element is used to control the weblogic.ejbc compiler for
generating weblogic EJB jars. Prior to Ant 1.3, the method of locating CMP
descriptors was to use the ejbjar naming convention. So if your ejb-jar was
called, Customer-ejb-jar.xml, your weblogic descriptor was called Customer-
weblogic-ejb-jar.xml and your CMP descriptor had to be
Customer-weblogic-cmp- rdbms-jar.xml. In addition, the <type-storage>
element in the weblogic descriptor had to be set to the standard name
META-INF/weblogic-cmp-rdbms- jar.xml, as that is where the CMP descriptor
was mapped to in the generated jar.

There are a few problems with this scheme. It does not allow for more than
one CMP descriptor to be defined in a jar and it is not compatible with the
deployment descriptors generated by some tools.

In Ant 1.3, ejbjar parses the weblogic deployment descriptor to discover the
CMP descriptors, which are then included automatically. This behaviour is
controlled by the newCMP attribute. Note that if you move to the new method
of determining CMP descriptors, you will need to update your weblogic
deployment descriptor's <type-storage> element. In the above example, you
would define this as META-INF/Customer-weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jar.xml.

Conor