ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject RE: EJB questions
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2001 23:38:42 GMT
Will,

> From: Will Hartung [mailto:willh@msoft.com]
>
> Hi all,
>
> I saw in the archives that we should wait for the 1.3beta2 of ANT
> for better
> EJB support, but it appears undocumented.

Undocumented? Now I am really hurt :-)

Have you read this?
http://jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi/~checkout~/jakarta-ant/docs/manua
l/OptionalTasks/ejb.html?rev=1.2&content-type=text/html#ejbjar

> What we're using now is Visual Cafe and Weblogic. One of our problems is
> that it jars up the entire application into a single jar file (which is no
> big deal), but then it forwards this jar file to the Wblogic ejbc program,
> which then happily builds the stubs for everything in the jar file.
>
> So, even simple changes get dragged through this arduous process.
>
> What we're hoping to do is have an ant target for each bean that
> builds each
> bean, and runs ejbc independently on each one.

You don't need an ant target for each bean. A single ejbjar task can handle
multiple beans each in their own jar.

> Throw in some dependancies,
> then when we build the final jar, only the beans that have
> changed will have
> ejbc run on them.

<ejbjar> does this.

> Is this what other folks are doing? It seems like a pretty
> complicated setup
> being as you need to jar up each bean to run ejbc on it. I guess
> if they all
> run to the same build directory, it shouldn't be too much of an issue. The
> final jar can just jar up that directory.

Please read the discussion about naming conventions supported/assumed by
ejbjar. It is probably the thing that is the most "different" about using
ejbjar.

> How do I go about doing the file dependancies? How do I make MyBean.jar
> dependant on MyBean.java, MyBeanHome.java, MyBean*.xml, etc.? (This was
> never obvious in the Ant docs, at least to me).

All managed by ejbjar.

Let me know if you have more questions.