ant-user mailing list archives

From "Andy Steele" <aste...@viviance.com>
Subject RE: Jonas EJB Application Servers tasks.
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2001 10:11:02 GMT
There is a task available for GenIC. I found it to be quite limited though.
You can only pass one descriptor at a time and there are problems with the
classloader which causes problems when the descriptors are being parsed to
generate the container classes - basically it uses Ant's classpath for
parsing but you can pass in a new compiler classpath. Makes things a little
awkward.

In the end I used an embedded script task to run the GenIC tool directly in
a forked JVM. It works but it's very slow. At some point I may look at
updating the task but haven't the time at the moment.

Andy
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Ori Burstein [mailto:oburstei@cisco.com]
  Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 5:39 PM
  To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Subject: Jonas EJB Application Servers tasks.

  Hi,
  We are about to use the Jonas as our application server.
  I noticed that there are ANT built in tasks for Weblogic, and I would
really like to know if anyone tried to implement such tasks for the Jonas.
  Or if the anyone got any idea on what is the best way to deal with other
Application servers except from the Weblogic ?

  Thanks

  Ori

  "THEORY is when you know something but it doesn't work.
   PRACTICE is when something works but you don't know why.

   Usually we combine theory and practice:
   Nothing works and we don't know why!!!"