ant-user mailing list archives

From Phillip.We...@dresdnerkb.com
Subject Logging to a file
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2001 15:30:19 GMT
I want Ant to send everything it normally sends to System.out to a log file
instead, where the name of the logfile is the date and time of the build.
This means:

1. I can't use the -logfile option at the command line as that doesn't have
access to ${DSTAMP} and ${TSTAMP}.
2. I can't use the XmlLogger because although you can specify the logfile
using a property task in your buildfile, I just want System.out, not an XML
file.
3. I can't write a listener to do this myself because the listener doesn't
have access to the 'out' and 'err' attributes of org.apache.tools.ant.Main
which is where the logging output streams are held.

In a nutshell: I want to be able to specify a file to log to in the
buildfile and have System.out and System.err automatically redirected there.

Is this a limitation of Ant1.3b2? Or am I missing something?

Phil.