ant-user mailing list archives

Subject RE: VSS Label with auto version numbering
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2001 09:26:38 GMT
Not sure if you're aware of the VSSLABEL task or not - it's in the nightly
build of the optional jar.

For what it's worth, I label with a build number that's an inverted
date-time, e.g. 200102020925, and maintain a separate mapping to a released
version number. It works, though it's not ideal.

-----Original Message-----
From: Weimer, Eric - Software Architects []
Sent: 01 February 2001 18:14
To: ''
Subject: VSS Label with auto version numbering

I was wondering if there is any way to label in MS Visual Sourcesafe
evertime I run my ant build file and increment the version number on my new
build for distribution. For instance, 1.1 becomes 1.2 and so on... I am very
new to ant and need to attempt something like this.

Thanks in advance,

disclaimer statement and monitoring policy, please refer to or contact the sender.

View raw message