ant-user mailing list archives

From Brett Ramdeen <bramd...@echoworx.com>
Subject RE: Jonas EJB Application Servers tasks.
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2001 18:26:29 GMT
You can use ant to build/assemble your EJB jar files by using a combination
tasks.  However if you follow this approach you will need to manually create
your xml descriptors.

Basically you use <javac> to compile your EJB's.  Then you use the <jar>
task to build a basic EJB jar, one that contains your xml, remote/home
interfaces, and EJB implementation classes.  Then you use the <java> task to
fork your ejbc compiler, specifying the basic jar as the input file.

I do this with weblogic 5.10 and 6.0 and it works perfectly.  In theory this
approach should work for any application server.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ori Burstein [mailto:oburstei@cisco.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 12:39 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Jonas EJB Application Servers tasks.

Hi,
We are about to use the Jonas as our application server.
I noticed that there are ANT built in tasks for Weblogic, and I would really
like to know if anyone tried to implement such tasks for the Jonas.
Or if the anyone got any idea on what is the best way to deal with other
Application servers except from the Weblogic ?

Thanks

Ori

"THEORY is when you know something but it doesn't work.
 PRACTICE is when something works but you don't know why.

 Usually we combine theory and practice:
 Nothing works and we don't know why!!!"