ant-user mailing list archives

From Brett Ramdeen <>
Subject RE: Building a hirechial build system
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2001 18:20:04 GMT
>> Going back to my question, I was wondering if the list of
>> <include> and
>> <exclude> could be built dynamically by searching in all the sub
>> directories of a project and including these rules when they exist in
>> the xml files that exist in the subdirectory. I Hope that I
>> made sense.
>> Thanks,
>> -Atul

Ok, I see that you are trying to accomplish, in which case, no, the <ant>
task does not support this.  I don't think there is an easy way to do this.
The only thing I can think of would be to specify the <include> or <exclude>
using a variable/property and then reading the property via the <property
file="foo" /> task or by using the -D command line option.

This is not an easy problem to solve. :-)

View raw message