ant-user mailing list archives

From "Liu, Kenneth Albert (Kenneth)** CTR **" <ken...@lucent.com>
Subject RE: jikes and Ant vs. javac 1.3
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2001 00:42:49 GMT
That's a big one, thanks.  Perhaps I just need to figure out a way to
structure my build script so that I can easily switch between Jikes and
Javac.  Does anyone have any insight on this?

Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: Gollapudi, Amit [mailto:agollapudi@agedwards.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2001 3:51 PM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: jikes and Ant vs. javac 1.3

A potential problem that may or may not impact you is Jikes's integration
with JPDA.  If you compile your code with Jikes, you will not be able to
debug your code using JPDA-compatible debuggers.  In general, if you use
debuggers, Jikes has been known to cause problems.  This is listed as one of
the known issues/bugs but no one seems to know of a way to fix it.

Amit